December 27th, 2012
By Craig Fear
Welcome to the latest edition of my recurring monthly feature where I highlight some of my favorite fearless links from the previous month.
These links challenge the nutritional status quo which tells us such fallacies as fat will make us fat, cholesterol will clog our arteries and salt will raise our blood pressure.
They also may challenge you to step out of the industrial food system, to support local farms and maybe even to cook more.
Most of these fellow real food bloggers can be found at The Village Green Network. They’re all working hard to give a voice to small farms and the real food and health movement. Some are oriented around raising healthy kids, some around cooking real food, some are more geared like myself towards nutrition and some a little of everything.
Check ‘em out and connect with those that resonate with you.
In no particular order, here are my five favorite links (and recipes) from the past month. And if you find something you like, please share it with others!
Top Five Fearless Links
1. What exactly is healthy milk? Danelle of Weed ‘em and Reap does a nice job clarifying the confusion.
2. Learn ten great tips to strengthen your immune system from Dawn of Small Footprint Family.
3. Concerned about breast cancer? What’s the best early detection method, thermography or mammogram? Emily of Holistic Squid explains the differences and the safer option.
4. New to real food? You can take almost any recipe and turn it into a real food recipe! Lindsey of Homemade Mommy will show you how.
5. Lastly, did you know your skin is a window to your health? Don’t douse it with toxic chemicals! Learn about natural skin care from Dr. Jill Tieman of Real Food Forager.
Top Five Fearless Recipes
1. Lentil Stew by Nourished Kitchen
2. Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Cranberry Brown Butter by Oh Lardy!
3. Coconut Flour Biscuits by Empowered Sustenance
4. Avocado Salad by The Health Extremist
5. Cheese and Vegetable Chowder by Our Nourishing Roots